Grundoon's rant about the medical system got me thinking. Why is it that doctors disregard nausea so much? Complain of pain, and if you come off as even half-legit, you get something for your pain. Complain of nausea, and they just hand you a pukebag and say "have fun". Now, I don't know about anybody else, but feeling like I'm gonna chunder knocks me on my ass. There is pain that's worse, like getting a face full of OC, but that's some pretty fucking intense pain.

They have drugs that stop vomiting, so why don't they use them more extensively? Why is the usual advice a dismissive "deal with it"? Why is it that they only consider it a serious problem when it's either causing injury, or there's reams of documentation saying that it's liable to (like with cisplatin or dacarbazine)? Seriously!

Ok, Ok, the drugs aren't cheap, but it's rare to need 'em for a very long time anyway. Why so stingy?

No, no, come back here, I'm not done ranting! The military, now! I'll start with the Navy, since I'm noding what I know. They need to take a good long look at what the hell they're doing. It seems the Navy's whole mission these days is feel-good look-good do-nothing crap. Now, right now I can't give any examples, but oooh, I wish I could!

While I'm ranting, BTW, if I hear another one of these jackasses I work with go off on some tirade about how they'd like to rape one of the prettier women aboard, I think I'm gonna have to kick them into last Thursday afternoon. Or at least put Icy Hot in their underpants. Seriously! I mean, it's one thing to look appreciatively, or even secretly lust after them, but to publicly fantasize about raping them? What. The. Flaming. Fuck. Over? Rapists should be locked in a cold, dark iron box until they die of thirst. Or, if you're feeling merciful, shot between the eyes with a large rifle.

Sorry, this is just a day that's heavy on the fuming.

Also, I know everyone thinks they're cute little things, those ducks, but I think they're sinister! I mean, what do they get up to at night in the park? Think of them waddling around in the dark!*


*Yeah, yeah, shamelessly cribbed from March of the Sinister Ducks, but... but... so TRUE!