Jesus Christ was rather famous for not carrying money around. (Well, that's not completely true. Judas Iscariot carried what money they needed, and was known for dipping into it on his own from time to time.) On the other hand, he was well aware of other people's physical needs and how to approach them:

Late in the afternoon the Twelve came to him and said, "Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here."

He replied, "You give them something to eat."

They answered, "We have only five loaves of bread and two fish--unless we go and buy food for all this crowd." (About five thousand men were there.)

But he said to his disciples, "Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each." The disciples did so, and everybody sat down. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to set before the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Luke 9:12-17 (NIV)

Okay, so manifesting food out of nothingness is beyond the power of us mere mortals. But you're not without options. The point is that spare change is easy, but really meeting the needs of a fellow human being takes some more work. You could turn a loaf of bread and some lunchmeat into a bag of sandwiches to pass out on the way to and from work, for instance. Or carry a large Thermos of coffee or tea or something and a stack of paper cups when the weather demands it.

If your offer is declined, then fine--you made a genuine effort to give them what they really needed instead of what they thought they wanted. But Jesus certainly knew you can't please all of the people all of the time.