I failed my road test today

This morning, I got in the car, and met my instructor. She had a palmpilot with printer. I got in, and adjusted my mirrors, seat belt, and started the engine. I looked in my side view and rear view mirrors, and pulled away from the curb. Bang! -5 points for not looking over my shoulder to check the blind spot.

I drive to the first corner, need to make a left. I put my blinker on, and wait for the cars to pass, and I edge forward. Suddenly, a girl friend of mine is in the intersection too. I need to make a left around her, but she's waving at me, perhaps unaware I'm in the middle of my freakin' road test and starts waving me on.

Now, there's a huge point deduction if you go theough with it, because waving people on is not allowed. I'm even afraid to acknowledge her. She's making me sweat, because the longer I wait, the more chance I lose a point. I start to go left, and my instructor slams on the brakes. Hard. Then exclaims "Jesus!" screaming into my virgin ears. Apparently I didn't completely check both ways to her satisfaction. -10 points.

So I go left, thinking how screwed I am, and I don't know how much you lose before you fail. So now I'm moving up to a traffic light. It just turned Yellow Light. So, I low as much as i can, even though it's yellow, and stop. Something is wrong I think. She's looking up, just as it turns red light. Now, I have my left blinker on, and in the opposite direction I have a guy with his left blinker on. The light goes green, he's not moving, waiting for me. I wait a fraction of a second, it feels like forever, then I make a left. Why do people keep on waving me on, on my road test? Dang. Anyway, I'm supposed to wait for them to go first, and another -10. I gotta go back to the parking lot in failure. I didn't even get to parallel park.

I get out of the car, a mixture of anger, upset, and strangely smiling. As I start walking off, the girl shows back up. She says hi. I point and growl "you" at her. Smiling, I go over and hug her, and say I failed my test. She's wondering why the heck I am hugging her, then I say she's not supposed to wave at me. I'm furious at her, but I'm not going to yell, and I don't want to accuse her in front of all her friends. I still am not going to say anything about it, although I complained loudly when she left.

Plus, I have to retake it July 17. I called the New York State DMV. Luckily, I don't turn 17 before then, so I won't be missing out on a full driver's license yet. At least she didn't tear up my blue card, my worst fear.