A really good action adventure thriller movie, starring Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin, and Elle MacPherson. Directed by Lee Tamahori and written by David Mamet.

Anthony Hopkins plays Charles Morse, a billionaire who reads constantly. That's the main reason he makes so much money, he's read a small library. I'm sure if he played on Millionaire, he'd win easily, as he is just so smart from all the facts he's absorbed.

He's married to a beautiful supermodel, Elle MacPherson, even though he's much older. They're on their way to Alaska for a photo shoot, with a fashion photographer Alec Baldwin, who plays Robert Green.

To get a better scenery shot, they fly through the wilderness in a small plane. Suddenly the plane crashes and they are trapped in the middle of nowhere.

The woods are dangerous, it's cold, and there are grizzly bears. Hopkins turns out to be the best leader of the group, as he once read a book on surviving in the wilderness, and remembers completely. He fashions a compass out of a paper clip and a leaf, builds a temporary shelter, and kills an attacking bear.

As time goes on, another problem arises. Baldwin becomes insanely jealous of Hopkins, and Hopkins suspects that Baldwin is having an affair with his wife. They must try to get back to civilization, but Hopkins suspects that Baldwin may attack him, where there are no witnesses.

This is a terrific movie in a couple of ways. First, the actors are great, and together they make a great scene of drama, building up tension between the characters. It has some of the best dialogue in a movie, and the action scenes are clever.

I just love Hopkins' character, you'll notice that my homenode has aspirations of reading that much.

Made in 1997, and Rated R for language and some adventure gore/violence. Directed by Lee Tamahori, who also directed Along Came A Spider

Hopkins: You know, I once read an interesting book which said that, uh, most people lost in the wilds, they, they die of shame.
Stephen: What?
Hopkins: Yeah, see, they die of shame. "What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this?" And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that would save their lives.
Baldwin: And what is that, Charles?
Hopkins: Thinking.

Thanks IMDB for the cast info