This James Bond flick, starring Pierce Brosnan as Bond and Halle Berry as Bond's flavor of the week, Jinx, is, in a word, decent. If you like James Bond movies, you'll find this watchable; if you're a James Bond aff afficti afictoi fuck it fan, you'll love it.

It's got everything you could possibly want: explosions (Montgomery Burns-style!), hot cars (including an Aston Martin that cloaks and a Jag with all the fixins), a member of the Axis of Evil to battle (North Korea!?), a bad guy with nasty scars (Zao, played by Rick Yune), homages to plenty of earlier films...you get the idea. There is also a fair amount of swordplay, if you get my drift....yep, fencing!

There are a bunch of plot twists that are surprisingly...well...surpising. Bond movies are not known for their unpredictability, but this one makes you blink at least once.

BUT.

The end of this movie gets....stupid. Don't get me wrong--I wasn't pissed off by the ending. I did leave rather annoyed at the scriptwriter. While some parts were certainly cool--surfing, and an amazing car chase--some hokey fx and even hokier dialogue (for Bond!) sort of breaks it at the end.

Conclusion: It was, overall, a good movie, with some crap stuffed in--possibly the producers wanted to keep Halle Berry from winning any more awards any time soon?

                               (reserved)
        +---------------------------------+
        | Nebuchadnezzar Seal of Approval |
        |               :)                |
        +---------------------------------+

Afterthought: AWD+big engines=excellence. Watch the snow from under the tires in the chase scene--beautiful.