the man is gone for another three weeks. california. ugh. i explained to him before he left that i am increasingly unsatisfied with the situation.

mom's in town. friday was dinner at jenn's. saturday was brunch in poolesville then on to a used book store (used book stores rule, by the way). then i parted ways with sister and ma, and picked up jenn's birthday gift (http://www.slack.net/~ophie/art/self-portrait-2.html, nicely matted and framed). we headed out to dinner at the melting pot and then back to jenn's for margaritas. sunday i had to babysit, and the man left for cali.

i actually watched the stupidbowl. what an ass whooping.

so i am home alone for another three weeks. in some ways i like it. i can do whatever the fuck i feel like doing. unfortunately sometimes i'm pretty self-destructive.

the cactus garden the man gave me recently used stuff called rockwool to keep the plants in place, but unfortunately the stuff is really bad for succulents. it doesn't give the roots any room to grow. so i took the cacti out of the dish and have repotted them in lovely succulent soil.

now i should try to force my unmotivated lazy ass to do something. something for work, i mean. breathing is something, but that won't cut it if i want to stay employed.
bah. my stools have turned white again. this is annoying.