So, you would like to fight with scones? Let us! Enough with the dairy, you know I will always deliver the fru-fru hippie vegan style. This recipe is rural New-Zealand goodness (thank you mikey) which has only been slightly mollested to convert the dairy to alternatives.

Scones

3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablesppon unrefined sugar

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup water

1 teaspoon of unrefined sugar to sprinkle on top


soften the margarine in advance if you need to
preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit

Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then cut in the margarine. Make sure it is well mixed and that there are no lumpies, the consistancy should resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk and water, cut in with a fork - the dough ought to be a little too wet to work with your hands until it has been thoroughly mixed (even then it ought to be moist). Lightly dust a baking tray with flour or cornmeal, this will keep the rascals from sticking as they cook. Glob the dough up into a ball and place on the baking tray, now flatten it down with a rolling pin or your hands until it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high. Use a knife to divide it into six wedges, pull the wedges apart so that as they rise they will not grow into one large uni-scone (unless that is what you want). Sprinkle some sugar on top, if you have berries then press one or two into the top of each scone too. To make the crust smoother, brush the top and sides of each scone with some soy milk before right baking. Bake until they are lightly browned, depending on your oven, this will be from 10 - 20 minutes.