I've been living with Dysgraphia for years and years. Specifically, it's a form of dyspraxia, very much like what sleeping wolf and narzos write about. Here's my two cents on the matter:

The specific disability I dealt with was rather severe, it affected both fine and gross motor control. There's an idea of standard deviations from "normal" motor control when diagnosing this disability. 1.5 S.D.s is grounds for diagnosis. I am 2.7 S.D.s I was extremely clumsy and accident prone, along with all the difficulties in the written word. In about fourth grade, after several years in school where I had been thought of as subnormal by some, or even an idiot savant by a few others, a techer finally noticed the massive disparity between my intellect and my ability to express it properly.

I'll try not to toot my own horn but she told me years later that "when you spoke, you were like Shakespeare or Einstein, but you were a mind trapped in an unwilling body." She was right. Having this disorder, and the trials of overcoming it as much as possible (thanks in large part to the ubiquity of computers). On some tasks, it does feel like the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I've had several years of physical and occupational therapy, it's still infuriating to have trouble with small tasks. An example of what I've learned to deal with, and accept, you can even try it at home!

  1. Put on a pair of welding gloves.
  2. Try put books on a shelf, or write a paper.
  3. Try to button a button.

Annoying, ain't it? I learned a lot of patience and ways to calm myself down because of this, and sharpened my verbal skills to a keen edge to compensate. Over the years I've made vast improvements, but I still find myself sometimes tripping on nothing, or having to slow down to properly place words on paper. It's worse if I'm tired, angry, or three sheets to the wind.

My handwriting may suck, but it helped me to be a better person.