In response to Pano's node: I'd just like to say that for most ladies, like me, it takes a little bit more than a cunning remark, and a seductive groping experience.

Not that this happens often, but when a guy who I just met or barely know tells me that Im beautiful, or have a nice smile/eyes/fill in the blank, I can see right through him. I know that he probably wants to get into my pants, and is trying every conceivable tactic to make that happen. Maybe its not just me, maybe Im just the first half decent looking girl he saw behind his shot glass, or was the first one to walk into the room with a skirt on. Whatever the case, guys are horny, and all of us know it. So why does it matter if the guy has a slightly wittier come-on or just a cheesy pick-up, they have the same intention, and just because someone isn't good with their words doesnt mean that they wont be good in bed.

However for some women, neither kind of guy works. I personally want a guy that will sit next to me, buy me a drink, ask me how Im doing and the like, and be considerate enough to call a cab for me when Im too drunk to even walk home. I dont care if a guy tells me that I have a nice ass, I know I have a nice ass. Sorry, but no way in hell is any guy like that going to take me home tonight.