As much as I think the previous write up is funny, I think this show actually deserves a serious write up.

Boy meets world is a nice, cute, unthreatening sitcom in the same tradition as The Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Brotherly Love, and hundreds of hundreds of other shows. Very similar formula, in fact. I believe Malcolm in the Middle now uses the same formula. Parents of boy, siblings of boy, friends of boy, all get into moderately real-life situations and then resolve them at the end of thirty minutes.

I actually like this show. Probably because I am easily entertained, but I think also partially because the show does have some merit. The show has odd comments made to the camera, very frequently makes innuendo about Cory's relationship with his best friend not being totally platonic, etc. And for instance, the episode that I saw today had a reference to the play The Odd Couple. (Very subtle one: Cory is recovering from Topanga having moved to Pittsburgh (from Philedelphia), gets hooked up with the Sparrow sisters. A couple of fun loving English girls. In the odd couple, Oscar and Felix hook up with the Pigeon sisters, a couple of fun loving English women.)

Yes, the show stretches believability with relationships lasting beyond when they would typically last. With teachers caring about students beyond the walls of the school. Even with students continuing to listen to teachers once they graduate. But, this is television, not reality. It shows us something we'd LIKE to see.

Never mind the fact that Danielle Fishel (Topanga in the show) is quite attractive.