Thanks to all of those of you who showed concern last evening. I'm writing this at 2:00 P.M. EST and am glad to report that I'm home and feeling quite well (but for some bumps and bruises).

Last night when I drove home from work I felt uneasy and a bit nauseous. I'd eaten a full meal at the restaurant with a friend who's also in the business. When I got home, I huffed and puffed more than usual as I lugged the laptop up the three flights of stairs to my den.

I threw up after I got my shirt off and started to see spots before my eyes. Now, the throwing up thing I never do; especially not on 2 good meals yesterday and nothing more than a glass of wine after lunch and 2 margaritas, one before and one after dinner. I figured perhaps I'd eaten a bad shrimp. The spots before my eyes, however, are usually accompanied by sharp chest pains; it's a condition in which my heart actually skips a beat (or two) and typically I fall down but then I'm fine.

Well, in this case, I saw it coming but couldn't get away from the staircase fast enough and I took quite a tumble (just one floor to the middle landing).

Medical help came right away, but it took them quite a while to locate my cardiologist, who was in Florida. Meantime, they gave me an injection of nitroglycerin which is specifically contraindicated in my condition. Mind you I was alert and informing the medical team what to do.

After a battery of completely unnecessary tests and all manner of poking and prodding, they got hold of my doctor and he set them straight.

Special thanks to RACECAR whom I called on my cell and he had some good words to say during the boring and achy time at the hospital's ER.

I'm resting today and will be back at work tomorrow.

Again, thanks for all of your concern.


To the dickheads who downvoted this without explanation: why don't you just send me and God a private message that you hoped I'd died?