Nodeshell or not, it seems a shame to let a node title like this go by without a recipe. Here's one that almost fits; it's a recipe that I use for commercial purposes, scaled down to a manageable size for your personal enjoyment. I haven't tried making such a small batch, but it ought to yield about a dozen (depending on the size of your muffin pan) moist, chocolate-and-coffee-flavored muffins for a late breakfast or video-night snack.

Mocha Chip Muffins

Note: This is a lot easier with an electric mixer or beater so, if you have one, set it up; if not, find a wire whisk and be prepared to beat the crap out of your arm muscles.

Wet Ingredients

3                 Eggs
11 ounces         Sugar
1 cup             Canola oil or safflower oil
1 cup             Ricotta cheese
1 cup             Sour cream
1 cup             Heavy cream
3 tablespoons     Coffee extract (from the spice section of your market)

Beat the eggs and sugar together until they are a paler shade of yellow and a little thick. Add the oil and beat for another minute. Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients, one at a time, until all are mixed together well.

Dry Ingredients

1 pound              All-purpose flour
1½ ounces            Unsweetened cocoa powder
1¼ teaspoon          Baking powder
1 teaspoon           Baking soda
1 teaspoon           Salt
1 teaspoon           Cinnamon
5 ounces             Bittersweet chocolate chips

Sift all the dry ingredients (except the chips, of course) together into a large bowl. Stir the chips in with your hand and scoop out a well in the middle. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed.

The wells of your muffin pan should be lined with paper muffin cups or greased with a vegetable oil spray. Fill each well almost to the top and bake your muffins at 375°F for 20-30 minutes or until the tops are springy to touch.

These muffins are good (and decadent) with cream cheese spread.