Get on the tram. You do this every day. It's a short ride, three stops - maybe four, I can't remember. There's never anyone on the tram going this direction. It's almost the end of the line. Sit down, there are rarely seats free so take advantage of it.

Backpack off, in your lap, hold it close to keep you safe. It's been a long day. There's only three other people in this whole car. A couple in the back, you and this girl at the front. Try not to look at her. Well, at least try not to stare. She is pretty. She is... she is...

Okay. You can look at her. Just don't let her catch you. Not that she would with what is going on.

She has headphones on. Wonder what she is listening to, why is it affecting her like this. Her lower lips starts to quiver. She starts to sing along to hide it. She can't hide it all though. Her eyes begin to fill with water. She tries to pull herself back from the edge. STOP!

The tram comes to a sudden stop. You watch as the driver throws open the door and jumps out. He runs around the front, you can't see him anymore. I don't even know what he is doing. Look back at the girl, she is stoic. She is a statue carved in the whitest marble.

Why did he stop the tram? He climbs back in and throws the doors closed again. The tram is going again before you can figure out what he was doing outside. It doesn't matter anymore. What is going on with this girl? This, for some reason, does matter - though you won't ever really know why.

Her lower lip starts to quiver again. She doesn't try to sing along this time. She doesn't even try to hide it again. She is looking straight ahead, if she can't hide it she can at least forget that there is a world around her. There are no witnesses. Her eyes begin to fill again and you try to sit yourself in her seat. What has brought her to this place. As you try to imagine - a single tear escapes her left eye before she quickly shuts them.

The tram comes to a stop. This is the end of the line. Please exit the tram. She grabs her bag and quickly heads toward the back door. Sit there, you just sit there for a minute, wondering.