A type of one design racing dingy used internationally but mostly in the coastal waters of the South West of England, particularly around the River Fal in Cornwall and along the south coast.

The concentration of the boat in this region stems both from the design originating from this area, and the numbers of racing events and sailing clubs there, which maintain the Ajaxes popularity.

Ajaxes are 21 foot long single masted two or three hand (needing 2-3 people to crew them) dingies with a reefable mainsail, 3/4 rigged jib and spinnaker for running downwind. They are steered by a tiller and have a fixed keel. The hull is mostly contructed of fibreglass and there is no cabin, but the raised desk at the bow allows protected storage of sails and other kit.

The one design nature means that all the boats are raced to very similar specification. However, they still vary widely in age-range, and consequently, race results are not entirely based on the crew's skill! They are very easy to sail, and reasonably popular for leisure sailing as well, although the restricted space aboard and lack of a cabin does limit their versitility, especially with families and those not too comfortable afloat.