I once talked to a guy who thought that hiding his money in his Bible would protect it from thieves.

His thought process as described to me was as follows: Thieves are dishonest. And since dishonest people, people who would steal, don't read the Bible, then his money would be safe.

I thought it was interesting that he had this connection between reading the Bible and not stealing. It would be ridiculous to say that no Christians (or Bible-reading Christians, I should say) ever steal, or that those people who don't read the Bible are therefore weaker in their morals; that you have to be religious to refrain from behaving abominably. That leads me to this:

Unfortunately, "Christian" equals "good" (and furthermore, the only way to be good) in the minds of some Christians. I've heard it from Americans too here in the USA; people who think that "un-American" is a good way to insult someone. I'm not very patriotic about the U.S. of A. even though I pretty much like the way my life is going over here. And if you called me un-American or unchristian, I would be far from offended. I suppose it's just the way humans tend to think; anything that they believe in is synonymous with "good," and anything that is different from that or especially that goes against that is very, very bad.

And to think I got all this philosophical crap just from hearing where some dude hides his cash.