For the crazy entirety of four years, I've been second to the Second Officer under Captain Flowershine. (I have to protect myself using fake names). The Second Officer, the Tennis Player, has been an acquaintance and on-and-off friends for over ten years; sometimes, a pleasant co-worker with whom there's a rare likeness of minds; some times, a harsh bully to the point where pissing him off distracts from actual work.

The Tennis Player is going away. I'm being prepped for being Second Officer. Not something I have craved for -- I crave for high pay and free time, that's all -- but something that would allow me to focus on work and not on skirting around the Tennis Player. (I've done direct work under the Captain, and has it run much smoother.)

So I was thinking of the whole operation here in such ST:TNG terms, and thought a Principal Dreamer's log should be done somewhere. But my blog is not for personal issues. So hey, this is why we have daylogs, right?

I need to start logging more often. Just logging. The thing about e2 daylogs that makes me feel liberated is that I don't feel the need to make people understand the context. But logging the days in would create such a context.

I've already learned a few things about myself from reading the sparse daylogs of the past. I clearly have a circadian component to my cycle: better in winter, worst in summer. I'm entering a good phase.