Out of Orem, Utah, Bert McCracken (vocals), Jeph Howard (bass), Branden Steineckert (drums), and Quinn Allman (guitar) grew up in less than ideal times in their small and reserved Western U.S. town. They came together to create and enhance a specific style of music, often known as "screamo", and would often be compared to bands such as Glassjaw, Finch, and Thrice.

Their self-titled debut album was released on June 25th, 2002 and would be quite successful, releasing three singles that would make fans of the genre scream with anticipation. The singles are (in alphabetical order): A Box Full Of Sharp Objects, Buried Myself Alive, The Taste of Ink. The twleve tracks on the album, as produced by John Fieldmann under Reprise Records is each as meaningful and energetic as the others...

  1. Maybe Memories
  2. The Taste Of Ink
  3. Bulimic
  4. Say Days Ago
  5. Poetic Tragedy
  6. Buried Myself Alive
  7. A Box Full Of Sharp Objects
  8. Blue And Yellow
  9. Greener With The Scenery
  10. Noise And Kisses
  11. On My Own
  12. Pieces Mended

Their unmistakable combination of screams and melodic singing may or may not make The Used a successful band for years down the road, but in no doubt their current presence, to their fans, isn't anything less than amazing.