It's now 5pm. I have just had a two hour nap. And before that I had woken up at 1pm, having slept for 10 hours (gone to bed at 3am). So all up, I have had 12 hours sleep in the last 14 hours. And I so need it!

I have been working on this project for work which links a website to a database and tracks all the servers that we look after. This may seem like a trivial task for all you web designers out there except for two things:

However, this is a rather open-ended project. First, the project is of my making - I designed a smaller version of the one proposed for my team - and it worked extremely well. So well that it came to the attention of management - and hence the decision to scale it up and role it out across the company ... with me in charge of the project.

So, the reason I am tired is that I have just finished an 84 hour week!! This is way off the scale for me. While I never found any of those 84 hours to be tedious or boring (quite the opposite in fact), the fact remains that my body objected to those hours resulting in me sleeping for most of today. I have been madly learning about mysql and php and putting it all together - and it has been going together very well. I already have Stage One complete and am well on the way to Stage 2 (or 3 stages). I have learnt so much and this is powering me on.

But I have decided today is definitely a rest day. I am off to see Moomba tonight (a Melbourne Arts festival) and tomorrow, I will continue coding in the hope that Stage 2 will be completed by Friday this week. Wish me luck! :)