Tim, what I am about to say I need to say cos if I don't, it will remain a sour note in our friendship (at least from my point of view) ... which I don't want at all. I've got to say it otherwise I'll obsess over it (which I'm really good at) and then I'll really blow it out of proportion (more than it is already).

Basically, it all comes down to the fact that you didn't bother calling me about The Australian newspaper coming down to take a photo for our article, The students who kicked out the consultants.

Now I know that you probably don't think it is a big deal - but it is to me. Let me explain why:

- I originally sought out the journalist for two reasons - one was for publicity for the College and recognition of the ITC, the other for publicity for myself.

- I started this whole media thing - all the subsequent attention has been a result of what I started - not you, not Ryan.

- the articles have been about how students kicked out the consultants which is once again work that I (and people like Mal) did, not you, not Ryan. (I'd like to STRONGLY emphasis that by no means am I denying the amount of work that you (or Ryan for that matter) have done - but you guys came in after the consultants were gone)

- when I got The Age journalist, I made a point of telling him to contact you. He asked me who the photographer should take photo's of and I suggested you and me. I have tried to get you publicity along with me - yet when the time comes and you have the opportunity to do something similar, you give it to Ryan

- this has been something that I have been planning for two years. You know how much it has meant to me and how hard I have been pushing it. Frankly, i found your comment at Ben's 21st party to be really offensive. I basically said that you should have called me. You shrugged your shoulders and said 'oh well, it was Ryan's turn'. You know, compared to any other senior ITC member, Ryan has done comparitively nothing. So to say it was Ryan's turn really pissed me off.

- in many ways, it feels like you are stealing the credit. I'd like to STRONGLY emphasis that I am sure that this was not your intention! But that's how it feels. I get the ball rolling - someone else comes in and gets the photo opportunity.

So there I have got all that off my chest. As far as I am concerned, what's done is done and I'm going to leave it at that. I don't want to dwell on it anymore - just simply put it in the past and move on.


Footnote: All has turned out well since I sent this email.