Writeups killed:

  • So,DMan doesn't want to be XP-pack raped? by --OutpostMir--: An "I abstain from DMan" sort of thing. I /msg'd Mir suggesting a nuke request, on the grounds that it was obsolete, and not a real masterpiece anyway. I'm just an editor here; all I can do is kill with the -5 XP penalty. He told me to go ahead and kill it myself: It's just a few points and he just wanted to be rid of it. Okay, it's his call: I killed it. So I'd just like to say that, not for the first time, --OutpostMir-- has won my Level-Headed User of the Day with Both Eyes on the Big Picture Award.

  • reet tarded abinals by canihelpyou:

    "Thi s i snt the next node in tthe right aiout the tretards were I can opractice writing up my practice typos and sthingds as think about this small people .... Ilistend to yoour tip about what is the best practice . I came back tho earth as a great rock and roll band for all ooff you dope dudes to listen and thhink abou twehat I am wtritng HE rr UNINTELLIGABLE? I don't thin k so I cabn read what I am typing just fine.. !

    I think this one is self-explanatory.

  • farting blood by AKA STONES:

    I myself am not actually sure whether or not I've farted blood...I mean I figure I have because of the blood stains found in my underwear day after day..but I ventured even further into the idea and thought to myself, "Hey, wait a minute, maybe thats just from my hemmeroids and the wedge that must insue when I fall asleep...friction can be a bitch."

    Whatever.


Nodeshells to be Removed: So,DMan doesn't want to be XP-pack raped?


Regarding Lord Brawl's comments above, I can see his point, but jkfghldagv is a bad example. jkfghldagv submitted a writeup in a language of which he has little or no knowledge. An editor who knows the language well deleted the writeup. It never for an instant occurred to jkfghldagv that his writeup may simply have been wrong. He never considered the possibility that he might be fallible. No, he assumed that whizkid was just randomly picking on him for the hell of it. When your entire worldview is founded on the assumption that you can never be wrong about anything, it's time to take a deep breath and, well, grow up. You think editors always get everything their own way? You think we never make mistakes and end up apologizing? Life is like that, my friend. Try flouncing out on your employer the first time you make a mistake and aren't big enough to admit it -- or do the same to your friends, or your family. Little Jimmy Cooper did that at my fourth birthday party, and he wasn't invited back for the next one.




On 10/15/00, Shanoyu added the following writeup to this node. I spoke to him about how we tend to be pretty harsh on user writeups in ed logs, because ed logs serve a specific purpose and non-editor writeups interfere with that. We decided that I'd kill his writeup, but reproduce it in its entirety here in my own writeup. He feels that what he has to say belongs in this node, and I can see his point. I don't entirely agree with him, but he's being calm and reasonable about it, so here it is:

<Shanoyu>

You know what? People shouldn't make jokes in editor logs.

After being confused myself and reading the corresponding daylog (October 15, 2000) to Whizkid's action on Useful Latin Phrases, here at first he makes it look like he nuked a node because it was misplaced. You don't see 'The information was factually incorrect' for a while into his editor log and the end result is that someone ends up nuked.

I doubt the noder in question had time to figure out the fact that whiz' was making a joke before he flew off into a mad rage and demanded his own nuking, so please, editors, for Pax Everythingus (Bastardized, yes?) please leave your jokes until the end, not the other way around. To make jokes about destroying what people consider to be work that they poured, at least some energy into, before providing the immediate reason for which it was destroyed, can only provide us with strife and make everyone fly into rage over utterly stupid misunderstandings.

</Shanoyu>