..wasting away again..

Need to to node something, but I don't seem to have any kind of inspiration at the moment. And when that happens, saddly, it seems I resort to daylogs. Not that daylogs are bad, by no means, it just means that I feel that, applying to me, daylogs are 'the thing to write when you have nothing to write'. Oh yes, if someone in a position reads thins, I think the Everything Snapshot should be brought back.

The most appropriate thing to spout off about first is, of course, the 'hillarity' that April 1, 2001 brought to the database. I'm going to say one line as my response to this, and I will never speak of it again:

Both sides took it too far.

There, I said it. I feel better.

It is, again, Monday, and I have absolutly no desire to put forth an effort to do any real work. It's raining hard here, and so I fear that we'll loose power any second now, so I'm slightly reluctant to get elbow-deep in the source hierarchy on the likely chance my machine will endure a dirty shutdown. That would be a shame, 'cause this box has had an uptime of 44 days so far. A personal best for me, if I do say so myself. If only Wine could run all the Windows apps I use at home, I'd convert there, too.

Maybe It's just the lack disraction at my workstation, but I an really, really missing my girlfriend right now.. I just saw her last night, but I can't stop thinking about her. Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me, something amiss. We've been together for years now, and yet I still feel the same feelings about her as I did when I first met her. My heart still leaps whenever I see her. She doesn't understand why, and I don't think I could ever explain it adequetly.. When I'm with her It is all I can do to resist holding her tightly and covering her with kisses -- usually I can't resist, but she doesn't seem to mind the attention. I feel like I'm still 16, and I still can't believe I have found someone who accepts me for who I am and confesses her love for me. I want her to be my bride, though we've both promised we'd put our lives in order before we make any 'big descisions'. I really don't think I could ever find anyone as wonderful as her, even if I live another 400 years. One in a million isn't a far-off number.

Geez, this turned into a bit of a rambling love note, didn't it? Now my 'tough guy' image is shot, and everyone is going to think I'm this squishy hopeless romantic.

Not that I mind.