You wanna know why? I'll tell you why. The bulk of the reason I node can be expressed in one word:

Ego

I node because I know, for a fact, that my radical ideas about the subjects I pontificate about have never occoured to anyone else on this planet thoughout the whole of existence. If I don't say them, no one else will. No one else has ever said them in the way that I say them. You might say "There's already a node about this, fool", to which I reply No, there is already a node about that, fool.

Because I know that I am, quite simply, the greatest writer, the greatest philosopher and the greatest poet to ever grace this, Gods Green Earth.

I simply have to convince all of you of that fact.

And what better pleace to do it? I node because I have an unrequited sense of inadiquecy that I make up by getting nodeshare, gaining in XP and then waving my Node-Fu Penis around like a fucking machette!

I have something to prove. When I was knee high to a grasshopper, the school counselor had the nerve to say I was mentally retrarded. That I had a 'learning disability'. Thats as may be, but I still know, even though I may be somewhat defficient, I'm still the best damn thing to ever bash on a keyboard. I have a chip on my shoulder. I great, big, nasty, evil, huge chip.

I node because I want to increase the human understanding. I like the idea that someones thoughts, somewhere out there might be influenced by mine. That something I said may have broadened someones horizons or ripped down a barrier or two. I node because because I realise that, without all of pushing forward, the world we want will never come.

My nodegel is formed into a monolithic statue expressing my desire to be set apart from the crowd, and a desire to bring whomever else I can with me up to the top. We are flies in the nodegel, indeed. It's lonely at the top, and so I need company. I need people like you up there with me, or else I'll go peculiar talking ot myself all the time. I'm going to become the greatest thing in the universe and, damn it, I'm taking all of you with me.

I Node Because I am. I Node Because We All Are.