Abstract

The Nick Ayala Trust and the National Council for Malarkey Awareness is glad to welcome noders from around the world to join in the First Noder Symposium, this year specializing on Malarkey Studies. The Symposium will take place from May 2 through May 6, 2022 on Mexico City; a place long since recognized as the No. 1 international example of Surrealism and Plain Weirdness as catalogued by the United Nations on their «Best Countries Starting with M and including an “x” in their name» report.

Please reply to ensure your participation and scholarship to help offset costs. See below for more information.


Call for Papers

A word from Nick Ayala, of the Nick Ayala Trust:

You are invited to submit an abstract for the upcoming Symposium, to be collected later as part of an edited volume to be printed and bound in unicorn skin. The volume aims to provide a unique perspective on how Malarkey is planted, harvested, bred, infused as tea, snorted in questionable bars and/or given for free at social events.

This book aims to cover a broad range of case studies, essays, Ancient Truths revealed through dreams, Ancient Truths revealed while taking a shower, forum threads and memes that best portray Malarkey as experienced by noders around the world.

We invite established and emerging noders in all areas and all geographic regions1 to propose a talk or poster to be presented at the 1st International Noder Symposium on Malarkey Studies.


Venue

The Four Seasons Hotel Mexico City is located on Paseo de la Reforma, one of the most iconic avenues of the country, rich in history, flush with life and next to most attractions one could ever want or need.

(We still don’t know if they will host us, but I’m sure that if we show up luggage and all they can’t refuse us all, right? That’s how hotels work.)

Program

Saturday, April 30, 2022
All day: Guests arriving at the Benito Juárez International Airport will be escorted to their accommodations.
Sunday, May 1, 2022
Morning: Guests arriving at the Benito Juárez International Airport will not be escorted to their accommodations. Should have arrived earlier.
Guests already at the hotel will have a celebratory brunch, potluck-style (check with the Organizing Team what to bring).
Afternoon: I’ll be taking a nap.
Night: The organizing team will panic about something, not sure what, but something always happens. Guests that wish to see the show will be admitted to the hotel’s Security Room With All The Cameras to watch. $1 popcorn. Cocktail bar available.
Monday 2 Tuesday 3 Wednesday 4 Thursday 5 Friday 6 Saturday 7
09:00–11:00 Keynote: Jay Bonci Keynote: Steve Jobs Keynote: John McCoffee Community breakfast // Cabal meet-and-greet Keynote: Bill W. and Dr. Bob Museum crawl
11:00–12:00 Community show: Mathmagic Community contest: Watching paint dry Community showcase: Caffeine IV for fun and profit Community contest: underwater basket-weaving TBA Museum Crawl
12:00–14:00 Symposium: «On the Mechanical Impossibility of Sexual Practices as Depicted in Ropy Erotic Novels.» Nicolasstag will impress us with their singing abilities. Live signing of stock images! TBA Day-drinking: a workshop Closing ceremony and Ritual of the New Fire Museum Crawl
14:00–16:00 Lunch Lunch Lunch Liquid Lunch Community lunch. Theme: Sunglasses! Pub Crawl UPDATE wertperch and a rugby team will lead the crawl.
16:00–18:00 TBA Your ad here TBA How to win a psychic duel under the influence: theory and practice TBA Club Crawl
18:00–20:00 Social Program Antisocial Program Round table: How to Establish Hierarchy Through Furniture? Very social Program Very Very Social Program (Optional) Stub Crawl

Registration and scholarships

The organizing team wishes to recognize excellency on Malarkey studies. To this end, we wish to announce the following Scholarships:

Andycyca Scholarship for Millennial Problems
Are you a Millennial? Do you have Problems? If you have a unique perspective on Malarkey and its influence on your Millennial Problems, apply to share them with the rest of the world! Please note: do not confuse with the Millennium Problems. All solutions to the Millennium Problems sent will be destroyed and their authors will receive a very strong worded email. We’ve already destroyed many such solutions, please do not be the next one.
Nishigaki Fund for Happiness Solutions
Open to everyone who can present Effective solutions to treat Depression.
Other
More scholarship and funding opportunities exist, but our psychic-legal teams tell us we can’t advertise them. If you come to them through Divine Inspiration, Divination or other occult practice, feel free to contact the organizing team to apply!

Who’s coming?

/msg andycyca to confirm

  1. Andycyca
  2. Wertperch has been advised to take the shut-eye flight
  3. Jet-Poop will be keynote speaker on Sunday morning. The topic is: "The Importance of Carefully and Thoroughly Washing the Nubs." He has also promised to bring lobster rolls for everyone
  4. Zephronias will bring chickens. They're not for eating, it's just that the chicken-sitter cancelled at the last minute. We still don't know what's her presentation on, though.
  5. Book Reader will present something «unsuitable for academia and the whole States of New Mexico and Texas». He requests attendees to wear a smoking jacket.
  6. Hazelnut will lead a symposium on Monday just before lunch. The organizing team advises everyone to bring a towel and STD test results.
  7. Stuart will grace us with part of his physical form—specifically, the lower left leg and foot. Please keep clear of the specially-designed cart to move it around.
  8. nicolasstag, troupe, tech staff and security detail will come! We ask participants to not take photographs. Groupies will be admitted only after a thorough security check-up
  9. (TBA)

Maybe coming

  1. Catwertle was somehow asked to come. Will speak on "Discordianism in the ranks of the The Cabal That Doesn't exist"

LieQuest 2022


  1. Except residents of Parangaricutirimícuaro.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.