: This node is an attempt to solidify ajaxlemoN
's first w/u on the subject and make it more valid, as to meet the basic requirements for a good w/u. I have included a brief history (information is limited) as well as an update.
To Node for the Ages
I'll have to include ajaxlemoN
's list, though it makes me feel like a bastard
. So I'll just quote his entire list and credit it to him:
- My son is under a doctor's care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.
- Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
- Dear School: Please ekscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.
- John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.
- Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.
- Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.
- Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.
- Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea and his boots leak.
- Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.
- Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.
- Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend her funeral.
- Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.
- Please excuse Mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.
- Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover.
... To put some authority to ajaxlemoN
's w/u, the above list was from a high school lounge in Conneticut
. The list was released initially intra-school, then by fax from friend-to-friend. This was determined from the early sequence of faxes I have here on my desk - watching the headers change.
Along the way it made it to the net in several different locations, with the following lines added. They are probably false in authenticity
, though this is not confirmed. I have several fax
es here, some have them, some don't, some have a mix:
- Please excuse Gloria from Jim today. She is administrating.
- Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.
- Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.
- Please excuse Pedro from being absent yesterday. He had
diahre dyrea direathe the shits.
- I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because I don't know what size she wear.
- Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday we thought it was Sunday.
- My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the Marines.
- Please excuse Burma, she has been sick and under the doctor.
- Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sore throat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.
noted, these are origional spellings and not my own. *grin*
Sources: Several faxes found in my parent's closet a few years ago, plus one photocopy of a fax my girlfriend had in hers.