A mystic amulet appearing the comics published by Marvel Comics. The Eye of Agamotto first appeared in Strange Tales #127 in 1964.

The Eye of Agamotto is one of three known items empowered by the mystical entity known as Agamotto. Whether Agamotto created the objects or discovered them is unknown, but along with the Orb of Agamotto and the Amulet of Agamotto, the Eye represents one of the most powerful mystical items in the Marvel universe. The Eye of Agamotto appears as a large circular gold amulet.

The Eye of Agamotto possesses a number of powers. The amulet when wielded by a sorcerer who is pure and wields white magic can emit a brilliant white light which has a number of effects. The amulet will open and reveal a red eye that emits the light. The light can strip away any illusion, can allow the bearer to track others both mystically and physically, and can see into the past. The amulet can also allow the user to read the minds of others, by emitting an eye that floats up and attaches to the wearer's forehead. Finally, the amulet can be used to travel to other dimensions by growing to great size and creating a huge portal that allows the wearer to walk through to other dimensions.

The Eye of Agamotto is worn by the present Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, Doctor Stephen Strange. Doctor Strange was given the Eye by the Ancient One after defeating Dormammu. Strange wears the Eye at the throat of his cape. It is so powerful that a version of the Eye appears with Strange even on the astral plane.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.