display | more...
This device, which is also called an "agitator" is used to stir or shake up a mixture; the types generally used are flat blade, marine screw, turbine, and variable pitch screw.

From the BioTech Dictionary at http://biotech.icmb.utexas.edu/. For further information see the BioTech homenode.

Im*pel"ler (?), n.

One who, or that which, impels.


© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.