The third Indiana Jones film, released in 1989. Directed by Steven Spielberg and written by George Lucas (how can you go wrong with a combination like that?)

In this adventure, Indiana is given the mission of finding his father, Dr. Jones, who turns out to be played by Sean Connery. Dr. Jones was kidnapped while he was out searching for the Holy Grail. Yes, long after Monty Python gave up, once again the father-son duo team up in search of it, and this time they're trying to outrun the Nazis who are also on the hunt. The Holy Grail, buried since The Crusades promises everlasting life and immense power.

Like other Indiana Jones movies, there's action, humor, treasure that's hidden behind a maze of lethal traps, and wit.

Sean Connery and Harrison Ford really performed in this movie, they make a great team. The father and son have rarely seen eye to eye. But if the adventure they share can't bridge the generation gap, nothing can. It can. It does. Also a brief glimpse into the life of Indy as an adolescent which reveals how the fedora, the bullwhip, and the ophidiophobia (fear of snakes) became part of Indy lore.

Some memorable quotes (courtesy IMDb):
Street Vendor: Water?
Marcus Brody: No thank you, fish make love in it.

Sallah: Please, what does it always mean, this... this "Junior"?
Prof. Henry Jones: That's his name.
Henry Jones: (points to self) Henry Jones... (points to Indy) ...Junior.
Indiana Jones: I like "Indiana."
Professor Henry Jones: We named the *dog* Indiana.
Marcus Brody: May we go home now, please?
Sallah: The dog?! You are named after the dog?!
Indiana Jones: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.