A character in the arcade and console fighting games Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 4. He is the only son of Kazuya Mishima and Jun Kazama, two characters from previous Tekken games, and the grandson of Heihachi Mishima, overlord of multinational Mishima Financial Empire. His introduction into the Tekken series comes as his parents are retired as characters, and therefore he is essentially both characters in one (a common theme in Tekken -- and pretty much any other fighting game -- is to have multiple characters with mostly the same fighting style).

Jin seeks the extraplanar monster Ogre after it abducts his mother Jun, and so appeals to his grandfather Heihachi (who never knew of Jin at all until the start of the game) to help him find and defeat Ogre to avenge his mother's death. Heihachi agrees, plotting to simply use Jin as a lure to draw Ogre into the open, whereafter he can capture it and use its apparently awesome powers. Mishima teaches Jin the art of Mishima Style Fighting Karate, and within four short years, Jin has become a master of the particular style -- so effectively, he is a mix of Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jun all in one.

Jin is a middle-of-the-road character as far as speed, power and learning curve goes -- in fact, I would probably call him the most average character in the game. It is almost impossible to get Jin to deal whopping damage by smashing buttons, and so lots of practice is required to master him. His combinations deal out appreciable damage for the amount of hits given (usually very few), and a few juggles. Balancing out the lack of long chains and juggles (which King or Law are better suited for, IMO) are Jin's ability to parry (I believe he has both a high and low parry); his throws are also very damaging.

If you win enough times in Survival Mode, you can unlock a Japanese school uniform outfit for him (as you can with Xiaoyu). It doesn't do anything per se, but it is sort of funny.

I have no idea how Jin plays in Tekken 4.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.