An additional threat, as a warrant held over a prisoner's head by the district attorney, or an extra pistol concealed on the person by a holdup man or a gangster; anything held in reserve for emergency.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

One who kicks. Usually used in reference in football to the person who either kicks field goals or the person who punts (not always the same person).

To supplement Webster 1913:

2. Informal.

a. A sudden, surprising turn of events or ending; a twist.
b. A tricky or concealed condition; a pitfall.
3. A condition that imposes an automatic increase, as in a pension plan.

A desktop panel that comes with KDE, the K Desktop Environment (as of version 2.0). Features applications menus (not unlike Windows' start menu), application start buttons, and many useful applets. See www.kde.org.

In snowboarding, a ramp that launches you into the air so that you land on flat, or on a downward slope. The more speed you have, the higher and further you will go. Kickers are generally made out of snow, but the stronger ones are dirt covered with snow. They are usually anywhere from 1 to 8 feet tall (.3 to 2.6 meters) but can be even taller. In skateboarding, the equivalent is called a launch, or launch ramp.

Kicker - Livin' Loud!

In 1973, Stillwater Designs was a two-person operation constructing loudspeaker systems for churches, auditoriums, and the like. The small-time company hit it big in 1980 with the introduction of the Original Kicker. The Original Kicker was the first full-range speaker system designed specifically for automotive use.

Since 1980, Kicker has grown to eclipse its parent company. Now a 200-employee company, Kicker builds subwoofers, speakers, amplifiers and equalizers. If your car audio system is missing just one key component, Kicker probably makes it. Speakers range from the 3 1/2" K-series component to the unholy SoloX--an 18-inch, 100-pound subwoofer that can handle over 10,000 Watts without flinching (Keep in mind: some of the most powerful amplifiers only put out a little over 1,000 Watts). In 2003, Kicker unveiled a selection of waterproofed speaker systems for boats of all types.

The Kicker SoloX and SX900.4 amplifier have both won awards from Innovations 2004 Design and Engineering Showcase at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Show. In 2003, Kicker won seven AudioVideo International Auto Sound Grand Prix awards. If you want high-performance car audio, you want Kicker. Livin' Loud!

http://www.kicker.com

Kick"er, n.

One who, or that which, kicks.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.