Named after a famous steak house in LA, Lawry's salt is sold in spice racks around the country as a general seasoning. Highly recommended for those who've not yet experienced its magic: a pinch of Lawry's can add just the right flavor to almost anything. It excels, of course, with beef--marinade even your cheapest steak overnight with beer and Lawry's, please!--but is also good for eggs, and I've just used it to liven up some week-old Hamburger Helper, ooh boy.

According to the red-and-white spice canister, the mixture contains the following.

SALT, SUGAR, SPICES INCLUDING PAPRIKA AND TURMERIC, ONION, CORNSTARCH, GARLIC, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE (PREVENTS CAKING), PAPRIKA OLEORESIN (FOR COLOR) AND NATURAL FLAVOR.

A wonderful concoction, usable wherever you use salt. Further label-suggested uses:

  • Shake on beef, pork, and poultry before and after cooking.
  • Add to french fries, baked or mashed potatoes.
  • Perk up popcorn, any style eggs, rice and pasta dishes.
  • Sprinkle on salads, vegetables, soups and sauces.
I can vouch for first three. Never tried the last one. It's too...meaty a spice, IMO.

"The difference is delicious.®"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.