Canadian group that scored big in 1999 in the U.S. with the single "Steal My Sunshine". Featuring the stylings of D Rock, The Burger Pimp, Sharon, and DJ Moves, Len's website describes them as "snarky, focused, silly, sarcastic, irreverent, creative masterminds." and their music as "beat-based pop".

Their latest album "You Can't Stop The Bum Rush" is an eclectic collection of songs that you would never guess all came from the same group. They've got the standard pop and rap songs in "Steal My Sunshine" and "Beautiful Day" (featuring Biz Markie), but they've also included a soulful gospel song, a techno tune with lyrics entirely in German, and a punk song about muff diving. It's a refreshing break from the bands who seem content to put out albums of ten or twelve songs that sound exactly the same.

I would have to argue with the portrayal of Len as "squeaky clean," considering that they came up with the name whilst tripping on acid (their friend Lenny walked into the room, I guess they thought it was profound or something), and the lyrics to Steal My Sunshine (described in a review as a "drug-happy pop anthem") were penned in the late hours of a Toronto rave. Yup, Len is made up of a bunch of dirty ravers! Squeaky clean or no, You Can't Stop the Bum Rush is super.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.