Pussy Wagon is a symbol of defiance, of girl power, of one woman's struggle to take back something that was rightfully hers that had been unjustly and cruelly taken away.

In the Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill: Volume 1 Pussy Wagon was a yellow Chevrolet Silverado SS truck driven by Buck, a nurse at the hospital where assassin Beatrix Kiddo lay comatose, near-fatally injured after being shot in the head by her boss and spurned lover Bill. On the back of the truck are emblazoned the name "Pussy Wagon" in white letters with a purple stroke, the font of the 1960's psychedelic Brady Bunch variety. While Beatrix lay helpless in her bed, Buck charged men to come in and rape her, stealing her pussy and renting it out to morally corrupt male customers.

Sure, this is a fictional situation, but just how often does this happen, comatose women raped while in the hospital? Tarantino didn't just get this idea from urban legend. In 1996 a 30-year-old woman comatose in Rochester, New York was raped while comatose and gave birth to a baby. She died in 1997. In 1998 a 24-year-old comatose patient gave birth to a premature little girl. In both cases it was fairly obvious that they had been raped while in a coma because doctors noticed that they were pregnant well after they'd been in that state. These are just a few of many cases in recent history worldwide. Unfortunately, there are a lot more men out there like this than we'd like to think. There are apparently a lot of Bucks out there.

Like those men, Buck had a tragic disregard of respect for woman. Pussy Wagon was a symbol of this and an extension of his sexist arrogance. It was a symbol of his many consensual sexual conquests as well, all in the bed of that yellow truck. While in his possession it epitomized the very worst, the dark underbelly of manhood.

When Beatrix awoke and realized what Buck had been doing, the assassin in her reawakened as well and she violently put an end to Buck's side business. While in a wheelchair, Beatrix made it to the parking garage. When she found Buck's truck, Pussy Wagon, she really, in essence, found her own pussy wagon again that Buck had let many men take for a drive. When she struggled to regain the strength needed to start it up and put it in gear, it was also a struggle to regain control of her life and her sexuality.

There have been many real-life copycats of Pussy Wagon since the movie, men redecorating everything from trucks to go carts to look like the famous fictional vehicle. Pussy Wagon, though, isn't just a new facet of Tarantino subculture. It is more than a story of a dead nurse, a truck, and a woman overcoming muscle atrophy.

Pussy Wagon is a story about how one woman - Beatrix Kiddo - got her pussy back.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.