A movie rating. R movies contain adult scenes and should not be shown to children. At least ideally. I personally don't give a flying fuck if kids see R movies. Why protect them from what they're going to experience at school anyway?

When written in bold - R - the set of real numbers.

This is often written in a "stroked" or "hollow" style, blackboard bold.

R is also a statistical programming language, indirectly derived from S+. It is referred to as GNU/S by those who contribute to it, and it is released under the GPL.

As is S+, R is a very robust, and not at all user friendly, statistical platform. The reason that it is not at all user friendly is in order to allow users the maximum flexibility in constructing their models. At present, there are very few statistical computations that cannot be performed by the R system.

Given that it is a relatively new project (started in 1995, if I'm not mistaken), it is currently under very heavy development, but uses a modular architechture to allow researchers to contribute new algorithms seamlessly into the program. It works under all *NIX variants, Windows 9x, Macintosh and there are some early releases for Mac OS X.

For further information, or even to take it for a test drive, please visit http://www.r-project.org/.

R is one of the five authors (J, E, D, P, and R) of the Pentateuch or Torah (the first five books of the Bible) theorized by Biblical scholars.

R may have not have written a single word. R is short for "redactor" (editor). Around 400 BC, R spliced together the Pentateuch from the work of J, E, D, and P, which accounts for the contradictions in these books and why parts of each one were written by different people. This explains why there are two creation stories, two accounts of the Ten Commandments, and why God is referred to by different names in different parts of the same book, among other inconsistencies. What R redacted out of the Bible, if anything, remains a mystery.

R is the fourth album released by hip-hop/R&B megastar R. Kelly. Of course, the title of the album comes from the first initial of R. Kelly's first name, Robert. The album was released November 10, 1998. It is a double-cd, meaning there are two-discs. The album spawned several great tracks, including the duet he did with Celine Dion, "I'm Your Angel," and the hit-single from the Warner Bros. movie, Space Jam, "I Believe I Can Fly." That song did earn R. Kelly two Grammys, one for Best R&B Male Vocal Performance and one for Best R&B song. Below is the track listing of the album.

    Disc 1
  1. Home Alone feat. Keith Murray
  2. Spendin' Money
  3. If I'm Wit You
  4. Half On A Baby
  5. When A Woman's Fed Up
  6. Get Up On A Room
  7. One Man
  8. We Ride feat. Cam'ron, Noreaga, Jay-Z & Vegas Cats
  9. The Opera
  10. The Interview feat. S. LeMignot
  11. Only The Loot Can Make Me Happy
  12. Don't Put Me Out
  13. Suicide
  14. Etcetera
  15. If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time
  16. What I Feel/issues
    Disc 2
  1. The Chase
  2. V.I.P.
  3. Did You Ever Think
  4. Dollar Bill feat. Foxy Brown
  5. Reality
  6. 2nd Kelly
  7. Ghetto Queen feat. Crucial Conflict
  8. Down Low Double Life
  9. Look For Love
  10. Dancing With A Rich Man
  11. I'm Your Angel Duet w/ Celine Dion
  12. $ Makes The World Go Around feat. Nas
  13. I Believe I Can Fly

This album has won several awards, marking R. Kelly's dominance on the hip-hop/R&B scene. Below are the awards the album or singles off the album have been awarded.

R is used to designate the universal gas constant. E.g. in the ideal gas law: PV = nRT. P is pressure, V is volume, n is number of moles of gas, T is temperature, and R is 8.3145 J/mol-K = 0.0831454 L-bar/mol-K = 0.082058 L-atm/mol-k. The value of R is experimentally determined in the "ideal-gas range" (low pressure, high volume).

As a side note, R is always given per mole. If divided by Avogradro's Number to make it per molecule, it becomes the Boltzmann constant = 1.38066e-23 J/K.

R (är).

R, the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet, is a vocal consonant. It is sometimes called a semivowel, and a liquid. See Guide to Pronunciation, §§ 178, 179, and 250-254. "R is the dog's letter and hurreth in the sound." B. Jonson.

In words derived from the Greek language the letter h is generally written after r to represent the aspirated sound of the Greek "r, but does not affect the pronunciation of the English word, as rhapsody, rhetoric.

The English letter derives its form from the Greek through the Latin, the Greek letter being derived from the Phœnician, which, it is believed, is ultimately of Egyptian origin. Etymologically, R is most closely related to l, s, and n; as in bandore, mandole; purple, L. purpura; E. chapter, F. chapitre, L. capitulum; E. was, were; hare, G. hase; E. order, F. ordre, L. ordo, ordinis; E. coffer, coffin.

The three Rs, a jocose expression for reading, (w)riting, and (a)rithmetic, -- the fundamentals of an education.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.