A flying squirrel who wore flight goggles. He had a habit of saying "Hokey Smoke" a lot. He was commonly launched into the air via his good friend Bullwinkle with an "Alley... OOP!"

A 1976 movie starring Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Carl Weathers, and Burgess Meredith about a boxer (Stallone) who challenges the champion (Weathers) and loses. A great rags-to-riches tale about making it out of blue collar Philadelphia.

Famous for the scene where Rocky is jogging up the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum and is jumping and pumping his fists in the air when he gets to the top. Also for the scene where he is punching sides of beef to train. And when he drinks raw eggs. Mmmm.

Won the Academy Award for Best Picture that year. It's a tearjerker

Rocky is a Swedish comic, centered around the 25-year old creator Martin Kellerman starring him and his friends.

The style of the comic is not a familiar one, the characters are animal-based heads on human bodies. They depict the life of slackers in Stockholm, Sweden. The main character Rocky, has to fight a battle against homelessness, lack of money and his tendency to screw up relationships and jobs. Their life usually revolves around fika and trying to improve their situations. And there's partying. All the time.

In the middle of this, he slowly achives success as a cartoonist, only to discover that nothing changes except his old girlfriendssuddenly finds him attractive.

Rock"y (?), a.

1.

Full of, or abounding in, rocks; consisting of rocks; as, a rocky mountain; a rocky shore.

2.

Like a rock; as, the rocky orb of a shield.

Milton.

3.

Fig.: Not easily impressed or affected; hard; unfeeling; obdurate; as, a rocky bosom.

Shak.

Rocky Mountain locust Zool., the Western locust, or grasshopper. See Grasshopper. -- Rocky Mountain sheep. Zool. See Bighorn.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.