Secret Me-Meta-Node Challenge
as Judged by: Lord Brawl, my votes, any user that passes it, and who knows who else...
Less than 0 Days to Go!
News: Many people are interested to see what the better fiction writers will do with this.
Me-Meta-Node: An apparently conventional write-up that happens to also
be a meta-node for all your nodes to date.
The aim: to create a single write-up that mentions by exact title
every write-up you have in the E2 database so far, while at the same time
producing a quality node entry that is entirely self sufficient.
This is of course a particularly challenging challenge and will be harder
the higher levelled you are. For each person this challenge/quest will
pose different and unique challenges be that going from Sin to Jam Pudding
via TextBox & Xylophobia; or the inclusion of aliens ate my hamster
with 30 autonoded recipes for sponge cake. We are all guilty of a few
not-quite crimes in the general ebb and flow of node titles. Do you dare
take the Secret Me-Meta-Node Challenge and pay your debt?
- Unless told it should be impossible for the casual observer to distinguish
your secret me-meta-node from a regular top-quality node.
- A secret me-meta-node must conform to the norms of E2.
- Only your own write-ups may be hard linked to which means that you are
limited with respect to how many un-noded concepts you can touch on before
your write-up cries out for more hard links - remember a secret me-meta-node
must also conform to the norms of E2 in quality.
- You may skip day-log, dream log, editor log entries and their like without penalty. There's no point getting silly about it.
- Once your secret me-meta-node has come out this write-up can be
listed in your me-meta-node (at the end). (is this write-up a "me-meta-node
meta-node" or a "meta-me-meta-node"? but it is definitely a
secret me-meta-node coming out node)
- No GTKY or pointless lists etc. Follow good E2 practices.
- No threadless multi-subject "huh?" write-ups, the WU must have a reasonably consistent theme or subject
just like any other(!)
- a date x shall be set for coming out day when the secret me-meta-nodes
shall be listed. On that day you should put a link to the node that
holds this WU at the bottom of your WU. Extra cookies if you can fit
that in with the other links of the main WU.
- Pipe linking is not sufficient it is up to you to cover even the most
challenging node title with aplomb and without losing the thread of your
write-up or straying off topic (too far).
- A pat on the back is well deserved for even trying this one
- Entrants shall be judged on writing quality, relevance (no deviating just to get that hardlink) and percentage of included node.
- A sliding scale shall be used to determine score that will be based on
percentage of applicable write-ups included. (as Lord Brawl says: No point in spoiling a good
write-up for the few titles that just don't fit).
From 100% Full marks
From 75% Good Try
From 50% Merit
From 40% Pass Point
From 35% Just a little more...
20% and lower Must try harder...
Remember you only have to say the name...
Above all - Have fun
Just for fun you can always find a few level one and two noders and try to use their collection.
Professor Pi says: I'm assuming all submissions will be in the domain of fiction-writing.
I had hitherto not thought of that but: hey - nice idea.
During some early idea testing cabin fever
said: "God damn...your scratch pad is invincible...thats a crazy idea..I'd like to try it, but most of my writeups are nonsense, i guess meta nonsense is possible :)"
And it seemed right that it be written down here.
People having a go
Deadline for inclusion: April 1st (passed)
Comeing out day:
or there about. (Unless anyone cares otherwise)
Oh! 25th is gone... Let us say May 1st as the day!
To make matters worse I am very ill. I will take care of this when I am ablet o sit at a PC without takeing so many pills I can barely focus.
* Yes indeed mr editor dude.
Cookies to caknuck for spotting the ironic error.