In Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (SMAC), the Singularity Inductor is a Secret Project. It may be built at a cost of 540 minerals, on discovery of Controlled Singularity (C15). The Singularity Inductor provides the effects of a Quantum Converter facility at all your faction's bases, and also reduces the eco-damage factor of high production.

How useful is this? The Quantum Converter facility increases mineral production in the base where it's built by 50%. Each costs 200 mineral units to build plus 5 per turn to maintain, so the Singularity Inductor is a steal at the cost of only about 2.5 Quantum Converters. No other Project in SMAC has such a radical effect on your faction's productivity. Production underlies military might (building military units), territorial expansion (building colony pods), and base development (building base facilities). I consider this the last (and among the most desirable) midgame Projects before the endgame's Voice of Planet and Ascent to Transcendence.

Secret Project animation narrative:
   "What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that."
   -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
   "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.