Ingredients
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large can, diced roma tomatoes
3 large cans, whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
5 large cloves, garlic, minced
15 large fresh basil leaves, shredded
Aged balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tube, roma tomato paste
Crushed red pepper
Scharffen-Berger cacao nibs
Dried oregano
Sea salt
Georgian Pirosani wine, or other semi-sweet red wine
Freshly ground black pepper
Aged parmigiano reggiano cheese
Benedetto Cavalieri spaghettoni

Preparation

Marinade/Rub

1. Thoroughly wash the chicken breast.

2. Lay the breasts out on a cutting board and coat one side at a time with sea salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, basil, and oregano.

3. As you coat each side of the chicken, lightly pound the chicken with a spiked mallet in order to rub the salt, pepper, and spices into the chicken. Do not turn the chicken over before pounding or you will end up having to re-coat it.

4. Fill a zip-locking bag with small amounts of

black pepper,
crushed red pepper,
oregano,
one splash of Pirosmani/semi-sweet red wine,
a few splashes of extra virgin olive oil,
a splash of aged balsamic vinegar,
a squirt of tomato paste
a small amount of cacao nibs,
and a small handful of freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.

5. Seal the bag tightly, and massage the contents into the chicken, making sure that everything mixes together.

6. Place the bag in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, occasionally taking it out to massage the contents.

Sugo

7. While the chicken is marinating, finely mince the garlic.

8. Coat the bottom of a stockpot or saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, pour in the minced garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes at medium heat, stirring frequently.

9. Add the tomatoes and give the mixture a good stir. Add sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano in small amounts. Add a splash of Pirosmani. Turn heat up to medium-high, stir frequently, and add the aforementioned seasonings to taste, keeping in mind that there is also salt on the chicken that will mix into the sauce later.

Chicken

10. Get a good flame going on a charcoal or gas grill. Place the chicken breasts directly over the flame. Save the marinade for the moment.

11. Turn the chicken breasts occasionally, making sure they cook evenly. This takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on the strength of the flame. Towards the end, pour a little of the marinade on each side of the chicken and flip it more rapidly. Check the thickest section of each breast to make sure there is no pink.

12. Take the chicken off the grill and slice it into small strips.

13. Mix half of the chicken into the sauce and stir it in.

14. Once the water for the pasta boils, add sea salt.

15. Once the water is at a rapid boil, add app. 1.5 lbs of spaghettoni, set a timer for 15 minutes, and keep the heat at high until 10 minutes remain.

16. Continue stirring the pasta and the sauce. After 10 minutes remain on the pasta, reduce the heat to medium-high for the remainder.

17. Strain the pasta and place it in a large serving bowl. Toss it with Pirosmani and olive oil, as well as the remainder of the chicken. Add a few ladlefuls of sauce and toss it with that as well.

18. Enjoy with a glass of sweet red or white wine!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.