Have you ever noticed that the most sensual things in life,

are red?

This was the advertising campaign for the most delectable breakfast cereal I have ever been allowed to taste. The television ad was done in black and white, except that everything sensual was shown in red. A glimpse of a stunning brunette's lingerie, a stray heel on a staircase, painted lips, and of course, the fruits in her Special K. Kellogg's actually had a promotion where they teamed up with Lovable, a design house, who created a special set of lingerie specifically for women who bought Special K Red Fruits. It was the most adorable shade of red, not classically sexy, not vampy.. it actually seemed to take on a different quality, luminous perhaps?

Anyway, it is so incredibly tasty. It is like the peach that T.S. Eliot descibed. It's not something to be eaten, but something to be experienced, to wallow in. It's the most sexy cereal I've ever eaten, but that's probably just a result of the propaganda :) Special K Red Fruits is a different product than the Special K Red Berries that they manufacture in countries other than Australia, in that the ingredients are different, namely, they only contain strawberries, whereas Special K red Fruits contains strawberries (for the sweetness), raspberries (for the tang), and cherries (for the richness). They taste exactly like the real fruits.

Kellogg's collects the red fruits, and then freezes them, so that they can slice them delicately. They are then snap-dried to seal in the goodness and flavour.

These are sprinkled generously amongst the original rice and wheat flakes that made up Special K. At the top of the box (which is so gorgeously red) it says "Lift the tab to experience fruity aroma". It's kind of cute, it reminds me of one of those scratch and sniff cards, all magical and sensual.

I eat it with soy milk, but not just any soy milk, Vitasoy Light Vanilla. It is so dreamily, dreamily delectable. I also imagine it could be eaten with yoghurt. Of course, normal skim milk would also be divine. The packaging boasts the following big fat red ticks:
This information is based on a serving size of 30g, or one metric cup.

* Recommended Dietary Intake (Aust/NZ)



LIST OF INGREDIENTS:

RICE, WHEAT GLUTEN, SUGAR, WHEAT, RED FRUITS (DRIED RASPBERRIES, DRIED STRAWBERRIES, DRIED CHERRIES), WHEAT FLOUR, MINERALS (CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, IRON, ZINC OXIDE), SALT, MALT EXTRACT, VITAMINS (NIACIN, VITAMIN B6, RIBOFLAVIN, THIAMIN, FOLATE), MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUTS AND/OR OTHER NUTS.




I also know for a fact that hamster_bong also loves this cereal :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.