With terrifying clowns running amok and creating what now has become a worldwide menace others amongst their ranks with not so ill intentions are fighting back. Clowns of a happier nature are banding together to try and clear their name and distance themselves from their scarier brethren by trying to remind the public that they are performing a service and trying to spread cheer and goodwill in a world that is lacking so much of it.

In these dark days of war, pestilence, hurricanes and presidential politics many of these good natured clowns feel like they are being tarnished and their reputation of spreading joy to children and adults has been kidnapped by the bad apples in the bunch.

With that in mind and possibly after yesterday’s post which highlighted the recent spate of scary clowns that have made the rounds lately, I was contacted by the esteemed Dean of the College of Clowns International whose motto claims that they are “Ambassadors of Joy” and their numbers far outshine those of their knife wielding, blood dripping evil twins

During our conversation the Dean also asked me to remind our readers that in order to be a “good clown” there are certain rules that they must obey. He directed me to his website where I read about what it takes to truly make it as a clown and now feel obligated in the spirit of fair play to offer the following as a riposte.

The Eight Clown Commandments

    3. I will neither drink alcoholic beverages nor smoke while in makeup or clown costume. Also, I will not drink alcoholic beverages prior to any clown appearances. I will conduct myself as a gentleman/lady, never interfering with other acts, events, spectators, or individuals. I will not become involved in or tolerate sexual harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any protected status.

Okay, the jig is up, the Dean of the College of Clowns International didn’t really contact me but I thought that if he or she did, they’d want this part of their story known.

Source(s)

http://www.coai.org/?page=Commandments

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.