Band formed by the leader of Siouxsie and the Banshees, Siouxsie Sioux, and her fellow member and husband Budgie. They play dark, percussion driven music with goth overtones.

I saw The Creatures on their tour with John Cale in 1998, the last show of the tour in Washington, DC. (There was supposed to be another show, in Toronto or Vancouver or something, but Cale's guitarist, IIRC, ran into trouble trying to get into Canada. Don't remember the reason, though.) The show was at the 930 Club. Siouxsie and the Banshees had covered at least one John Cale song, Gun, though I seem to have vague recollections of at least one other cover.

Everyone on stage did admirably, but the audience was something else. It was clear that most of them were there to see Siouxsie Sioux and didn't give a damn about anything else. That seemed to be reason enough to be rude and disrespectful when Cale was playing. When Siouxsie and Budgie joined Cale onstage, a cheer went up from the audience, who had until that moment been expressing their disinterest rather vocally.

I'm not horribly familiar with The Creatures' music, but I sort of enjoyed it. I am a big Cale fan, so it's not too surprising that I preferred that portion of the show. He did cover all of his standards, including his cover of Jonathan Richman's cover of Heartbreak Hotel, which was an incredible performance. However, it was also clear that he was exhausted from the tour. He did his best, even when it wasn't really as good as it could have been.

After the show, I got a t-shirt signed by Budgie and my copy of Songs for Drella signed by John Cale. Initially, it didn't seem that he was going to come out to autograph stuff, but I asked Budgie if he would, and shortly after he went in, Cale came out.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.