Weapons & Warriors is a board game, and a very different one at that. It was published in 1994, and there are several variations that were published later.

The game consists of two plastic forts complete with interactive targets, placed at a set distance away from each other. This distance changes to set the difficulty level. The forts have about 5 or 6 targets on them, which are hit with little balls fired from miniature weaponry. Most of the targets are powered with a rubber band to explode, open, fall over, or fire.

In addition, each side has several soldiers that each player positions on the targets (i.e. when the target is triggered, the soldier flies through the air). Any remaining soldiers are placed in front of the base, to advance on the enemy. There is a leading soldier, called a General or Captain (depending on the theme of the set. The pirate theme has a Captain, the medieval theme has a General. There are also others, but I haven't played them.)

The board, which is between the bases, is flexible cardboard held together with little plastic joints, which allow it to rotate, and thus adjust the distance between the bases. There are also little circles on the board, just wide enough for the base of a soldier.

There are also a pair of specially labeled dice, each with three "1" faces, two "2" faces, and a "3" face. At the start of each player's turn, these dice are rolled. The result indicates the amount of Action Points (AP) that the player has for that turn. It costs 1 AP to fire a shot with the weapons, and 1 AP to move a soldier one space. Spaces look like white circles on the board.

There's three kinds of miniature weaponry: the cannon, the crossbow, and the catapult. They all fire the same ammo: a little orange ball, about the size of a marble. Firing the weapon is easy, aiming it is the hard part. Fortunately, the weapon can be moved as far as your furthest soldier is. In addition to hitting the targets in the base, the opponent's soldiers are also a target, as well. If the soldier in question isn't standing after the shot is fired, it's dead. If the General/Captain in question isn't standing after a shot, the opponent loses.

Of course, if ever you find yourself in a losing situation, the opponent also makes for a good target.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.