The title of the second and final album released by the Australian duo Savage Garden.

Three versions were released.

One version was released throughout the world. All three versions have basically the same cover. (A picture of both guys, Daniel Jones and Darren Hayes, standing looking serious.) The Australian version has a red background. The version that was released to the rest of the world is the same picture with a blue background. The third version is a rerelease of the Australian version with a bonus disk. It has a portion of the red version of the cover with gray strips replacing the rest of the picture.

The track listing is basically the same for all three:

The Blue Cover consists of:

1. AFFIRMATION(4:56)
2. HOLD ME(4:51)
3. I KNEW I LOVED YOU (4:10)
4. THE BEST THING(4:19)
5. CRASH AND BURN(4:41)
6. CHAINED TO YOU(4:08)
7. THE ANIMAL SONG(4:40)
8. THE LOVER AFTER ME(4:50)
9. TWO BEDS AND A COFFEE MACHINE(3:26)
10. YOU CAN STILL BE FREE(4:18)
11. GUNNING DOWN ROMANCE(5:33)
12. DON'T KNOW YOU ANYMORE(3:50)

The Australian versions (red covers) have the same track listing with the additional:

BONUS TRACK: THE ANIMAL SONG (HEX HECTOR CLUB MIX)(10:00)
BONUS: CD ROM

All songs written by Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones
Produced by Walter Afanasieff (type that 5 times fast! haha) Co-Produced by Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones

For some, an affirmation is a statement which one makes to oneself, often on a daily or other regular basis, or in advance of entering into each of the regular challenges life imposes. These may be self-boosting reminders of one's own abilities or determinedness to meet specific goals. Mine is directed more towards the Universe:
I have no "king," no "lord," no "master," and no "shepherd,"
for I am no slave, nor a serf, nor a servant, nor a sheep!!
Why this? I maintain that all the gods of all the faiths have done nothing of unequivocal concreteness by which to earn the respect (much less worship) of humankind. Certainly not slavish, servile, sheepdom.

Have you ever seen an episode of a police procedural wherein some innocent person seeks for some reason to take credit for the crime committed by the guilty one? Perhaps they wish to protect the guilty one; perhaps they simply seek some snippet of notoriety, or feel some sort or responsibility for the wrong having happened. But however it happens, the detectives question the falsely claiming innocent one, having the advantage of knowledge of the forensic evidence, and so are able to trip the false claimant up on the details: "Why did you shoot him in the leg?" "Um, because he tried to run." "Actually, he wasn't shot in the leg at all." Such is reasonably seeable as the case with any false god claiming authorship of our Universe, but offering any account in contradiction with the vast forensic evidence of scientific discovery. To no such being, will I bow.

And if there is indeed a Creator at the fount of our Universe, then it is none of the claimants, and so not one which has made itself known at all, much less sought the bowing and scraping needed to feed lesser egos. And, in not so many words, this I affirm with my every day of simply living on.



----



For THE IRON NODER CHALLENGE: 9 FAST 9 FERROUS

Af`fir*ma"tion (#), n. [L. affirmatio: cf. F. affirmation.]

1.

Confirmation of anything established; ratification; as, the affirmation of a law.

Hooker.

2.

The act of affirming or asserting as true; assertion; -- opposed to negation or denial.

3.

That which is asserted; an assertion; a positive tatement; an averment; as, an affirmation, by the vender, of title to property sold, or of its quality.

4. Law

A solemn declaration made under the penalties of perjury, by persons who conscientiously decline taking an oath, which declaration is in law equivalent to an oath.

Bouvier.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.