A sexual deviance characterized by the following symptoms:

Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving touching and rubbing against a nonconsenting person.

The fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

frotteurism: a paraphilia of the solicitational/allurative type in which sexuoerotic arousal and facilitation or attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent on rubbing especially the genital area against the body of a stranger in a densely packed crowd [from French, frotter, to rub]. There is no technical name for the reciprocal paraphilic condition, namely being sexuoerotically dependent on being rubbed by a stranger. Synonym, frottage. See also toucheurism. the condition in which a person (a frotteur) is dependent on rubbing against and feeling the genital or other region of the body of a stranger, especially in a tightly packed crowd, in order to obtain erotic arousal and facilitate or achieve orgasm.

Dictionary of Sexology Project: Main Index

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.