The physical shell of a member of the race Homo Sapiens.

Principal systems of the human body include:

For more information, see The Human Anatomy.

Compare:

Shakespeare, Hamlet:
What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals!

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon:
The room contains a few dozen living human bodies, each one a big sack of guts and fluids so highly compressed that it will squirt for a few yards when pierced. Each one is built around an armature of 206 bones connected to each other by notoriously fault-prone joints that are given to obnoxious creaking, grinding, and popping noises when they are in other than pristine condition. This structure is draped with throbbing steak, inflated with clenching air sacks, and pierced by a Gordian sewer filled with burbling acid and compressed gas and asquirt with vile enzymes and solvents produced by the many dark, gamy nuggets of genetically programmed meat strung along its length. Slugs of dissolving food are forced down this sloppy labyrinth by serialized convulsions, decaying into gas, liquid, and solid matter which must all be regularly vented to the outside world lest the owner go toxic and drop dead. Spherical, gel-packed cameras swivel in mucus-greased ball joints. Infinite phalanxes of cilia beat back invading particles, encapsulate them in goo for later disposal. In each body a centrally located muscle flails away at an eternal, circulating torrent of pressurized gravy.

pointed out by Beth

The Human body

Is not like the apes

If we tried swinging through the trees

Our arms would really ache.

 

 

Of course if an ape tried to run a marathon

On only two feet

Their feet would really ache

Yep, that is quite sweet

 

 

Did we walk over savannah?

Or swim in the sea?

Or did we just go inbred?

And become really weak

 

 

Whatever the reason is

That the Human body came to be

It is what we’ve got

It is what is we.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.