Jellyface is the nickname of my son, Calvin. He is three years old and likes Quaker Chewy Granola Bars and pizza. He might tell you that peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches are his favorite food, but don't believe it! He seldom eats one - he just want to watch you make it. He also likes to drink lots of 2% milk.

He is a wonderful artist. His favorite mediums are crayons, markers, and watercolor paint. He enjoys math and science and the songs "The Ants Go Marching" and "Crocodile Rock".

His nickname came from when Sparkleface and I were little kids. We had those little Fisher-Price people - you know, the old kind that were little wood heads with cylinder bodies? Well anyway, our little sister, Peeve, took a purple marker and colored all over one of the little F-P People's mouth. From that time on we called that person Jellyface. When my son was in my tummy we called him Jellyface and it stuck.

He is the subject of Three-year-old boys are usually not very interesting people. I love being his mommy.


UPDATE November 13, 2002: Jellyface is five and a half! He now LOVES peanut butter and jelly (but the crusts are poison so I cut 'em off). He still loves jumping on his bed so we got him a cool bed that has scaffolding so he can flip around and do tricks. I can't bring myself to watch - but he loves it.

He goes to kindergarten where he is the most fluent reader in the class. Though often awkward in social settings, he seems to have a way with the ladies on the playground.

Interestingly enough, I still love being his mommy. Go figure.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.