Today was my last day of school, ever.

Which is nice.

Actually, depending on your point of view, that statement is anywhere between mostly true and entirely false. Yes, today was the last day of my secondary education. Yes, my life is now mine to do with as I choose. But...

There's still study. There's still exams. There's still college. Oh well.

Today was...odd. I think I've heard somebody singing every possible song with the word "end" in the lyrics. "My Way" seems to be popular. Personally I like "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)".

I won't say it hasn't been fun. I've got some good memories and some good friends. And a shirt which has been signed in three languages. Still, it's nice to finally be getting on with my life. I was starting to feel like a character in a sitcom. At least it wasn't a teen drama.

We'll always have the time Niamh mopped the floor with the good Mr Barton. We'll always have the time Mark tried to start a bar fight at 6 a.m. in Dublin Airport. We'll always have the time we got lost in a blizzard somewhere in the Dolomites. We'll always have the time we made that substitute German teacher cry. We'll always have the time we set the Chemistry lab on fire when we were supposed to be making soap. We'll always have The Happy Frog.

Hopefully, we'll always have each other as friends. I know it's sentimental bullshit, but it's true. It's these last few weeks that you find out who your real friends are. They're the ones you keep making plans with. The ones who are helping to buy a tent for that rock festival in August. The ones who are planning a trip to Andorra for next January. The ones who offer you an invitation to stay in their house for the entire month of July. At least I hope these are my real friends. I wanna go to rock festivals and Andorra and empty houses.

It's all over. What can I say?

It's been a pleasure.