V8® 100% Vegetable Juice is a beverage manufactured by Campbell Soup Company out of Camden N.J. Invented in 1933 by W.G. Peacock and his son, V8 was eventually acquired by Campbell in 1948. Production of the drink was standardized by Campbell, and so began the process of promotion to push this new and unique drink. V8's first spokesperson was a well-known movie actor by the name of Ronald Reagan, who, as we all know, would eventually go on to become the 40th President of the United States.

V8 gained a presence in the United Kingdom and Europe by 1993, when Campbell acquired Fray Bentos, the UK's top canned meat brand. New manufacturing lines were started at the facility to specifically manufacture V8 for the Eurpoean market.

In the spring of 1997, the V8 brand was extended once again to include a variety of fruit-carrot juices. Dubbed "V8 Splash", the drink went on to be a bigger success than anticipated, and is available in several flavors including Tropical Fruit, Citrus Fruit, and Strawberry Kiwi.

Despite what common belief tells you, V8 is NOT tomato juice! While V8 does contain a substantial amount of tomato juice, classic V8 is actually blended from eight different types of vegetable juices: tomato, beets, celery, carrots, lettuce, parsley, watercress, and spinach. A single 12 ounce serving of V8 provides two full servings of vegetables, according to the Food Guide Pyramid from the United States Department of Agriculture.

V8 is available in classic flavor, calcium-enriched, spicy hot, 100% A-C-E Vitamin Rich (providing 100% of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E), and low sodium.