Had a dream I was being chased by cops last night. Amusingly, I got away. These sorts of dreams are always a mash of geography from my past mixed together in weird ways. In this dream I put houses right along Sunset Memorial Park, but also as the dream progressed Sunset mixed more and more with the older Fairview Cemetary.

There was a house there of somebody I knew who at one point in time lived in a crappy duplex. In the dream the duplex was tiny and ugly on the outside, but once inside it was a sprawling manor with large magisterial windows and cabinets prominently displaying crystal drinkware. The dream became oddly focused on these.

I can't remember why the police were chasing me. Maybe a bank robbery gone bad. But I do know they'd already captured my confederates. I swapped out my Honda to throw them off the scent (in the waking world, I sold the Honda to a junkyard after a teenager ran a stop sign and smashed the entire front end to bits). I switched clothes. I had my friend cut my hair.

The dream has no ending because I woke up. Today is my birthday. Tomorrow I go to collect another beehive for my dad. The day after is work. This life keeps moving, I wonder where it'll end up.

birthday past/birthday future