I wrote this in my journal, regarding the summer past (about growing up):
This not a poem.

I am someone different then I was two months ago.
I am Aimee Ault.
I do not obsess over the German guy any longer.
I am the uncanny, but I also know how to be human.
I have learned how to cry, and when to cry.
I have discovered that love is worth fighting for if you really believe in it.
I have been part of the work force.
I have found that labor is indeed tiring.
I have kissed and been kissed.
I have lost friendships to things that I can not control, and I've understood why it is not my fault.
I've taken responsibility for that which I know is wrong.
I've confronted that which scares the hell out of me.
I've felt what it's like to be emotionally empty and I have questioned that.
I've listened before taking my side.
I learned to trust my parents.
I learned to confide in them when it came my time.
I learned that sometimes the thing you're looking for the most is right there under your nose.
I asked myself the Questions to Ask Yourself On The Way to Self Discovery. I made promises to myself that for once, I was able to keep.
I respected not what I was told to respect, but what I thought deserved it.
But above all, I've become the girl I want to be, not the person that everyone mistook me for.