The deed is done. See:

and now back to the original writeup, already in progress...

NODERS!
ARE YOU READY TO HAVE YOUR GUTS KICKED OUT!?

COMING AUGUST 11TH1
-=* A NODER GATHERING UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED BEFORE2 *=-

Location: COW OF DOOM (tm) ENTERPRISES WORLD HEADQUARTERS AND ZOMBIE FARM
Time: You and I both know that even if I give a very precise time and issue everyone synchronized watches, not one single person will arrive on time. So let's say "Afternoon".
Activities: ALL-OUT WAR on our respective livers, severed-head roasting, fisticuffs
Obligatory Simpsons quote / wicked usage: "This is a wicked paaahty, huh?" 3
Alternate opening line for this writeup: PREPARE TO BE FUCKED IN THE BRAIN BY THE PENIS OF FUN ITSELF!

That's right. It's coming. This one isn't going to be in Boston proper, since our guerilla-style drinking tactics have not been well received by local law enforcement. To avoid anymore needless (though wildly entertaining) bloodshed, we're retreating to my super-secret lair in the suburbs, where we can ensure that any and all bloodshed will be well-deserved.

Meat will be grilled. No doubt soy will as well, since it forms you strongly, as ze Germans say. Sadly I do not own a grill, so one will have to be provided. Or we can just dig a big pit in my backyard, fill it with firewood and motor oil, and LET 'ER RIP!

If you're the type of person who needs more entertainment than intoxication, my house has all the usual niceties: stereo, DVD player, various video game systems (Crazy Taxi, woo!), ungodly numbers of computers and network cables running everywhere, and two small cats who will eat bugs and allow you to rub their tummies. But that's it. So bring musical instruments, lawn darts, Rock'em Sock'em Robots, and whatever else will hold your attention until we can get the fire under the Bull of Heliogabalus lit.

And, then, of course, there's booze. I already have a mostly-stocked pseudo-bar. There will likely be a keg. And no drunken debauch would be complete without a kiddie pool full of ice and beers. But you are welcomed and encouraged to bring booze of yer own.

Directions:
COW OF DOOM (tm) Enterprises World HQ is currently located in scenic Chelmsford, Massachusetts. My address is on my homenode. Try getting directions on your favorite on-line map maker; I use randmcnally.com.
(note: actual driving directions removed to placate nervous roommates, /msg me your email address or email wwoods@cowofdoom.com and I'll send them to you)

Dude. Can I crash at your place?
Yes! There's an extra bedroom, a finished basement, a couple of couches, and plenty of floor space. We used to even have extra mattresses but they were destroyed during previous parties,4 so you will want to bring a sleeping bag or something to sleep on. If people want to come down for the weekend that's cool too, and I'm sure that some of the other Boston Noders will be able to put people up as well. Whatever fits your travel plans. We Are Here To Serve You5

...More details as I think of them...

BE THERE OR PERISH IN FLAMES!



1People are welcome to come early and stay late but the Drunken Severed-Head Roast will be Saturday afternoon.
2Unless you've already had dysentery.
3From the St. Patrick's Day episode. Some guy in a Red Sox shirt climbs into Kent Brockman's booth and delivers this famous line.
4Really.
5By "Serve You" we mean "get you drunk and steal your wallet".